Trimex Sands’ Pradeep Koneru receives ‘Most Promising Entrepreneur’ award. In recognition of his outstanding leadership and initiative in developing an innovative new business model in mineral sands mining, Executive Director of Trimex Sands, Pradeep Koneru was named winner of the Most Promising Entrepreneurship Award from Enterprise Asia at a VIP-packed ceremony held November 11, 2011 at the Taj Palace Hotel in Delhi, India.
The award was presented as part of the annual Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2011 India, organized by Enterprise Asia, a non-governmental organization in pursuit of entrepreneurship development across the region. Pradeep was named recipient of the award in recognition of his outstanding leadership and initiative in developing an innovative new business model in mineral sands mining.
A subsidiary of Trimex Group, Trimex Sands is an innovative processor of mineral rich beach sands. Its extraction project, in India’s Andhra Pradesh, is the first of its kind to be developed in the country by a private sector company with cutting edge extraction, processing, and environmental sustainability technologies.
Trimex Sands has also worked to improve the welfare of the local community by:
- upgrading and improving infrastructure;
- repairing religious facilities;
- providing schoolchildren with supplies;
- ensuring homes in surrounding villages have adequate lighting by providing light bulbs;
- screening villagers for pre-existing medical conditions, an effort that has already reached nearly 800 villagers.